Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Blessed Child

"I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." 16And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them." Mark 10:15-16

"They are always generous and lend freely;
their children will be blessed." Psalm 37:26

Today is a special day in our household. It's Zander's birthday, and while every birthday at a young age is a milestone, this is a special one, because he's officially five. It seems like five years old is the end of being a little kid, and the beginning of growing up. And oh my, has he been growing. Yet each and every day, I am reminded of how much of a blessing he is to us, as he bring us so much joy. Every day I am laughing at something that he has said or done. God has blessed us so much by giving us Zander, and I pray every day that he will continue to bless Zander. It's amazing to watch him grow, and especially to learn about God more and learn how to worship and pray. Usually at church, the kids go a separate way from the adults right off the bat, they have their own worship service. But last Saturday was a special service, and the kids stayed in with the adults. It was such a wonderful experience to watch my children dance before the Lord, with great big smiles on their faces.

Zander has got the biggest heart. He is so compassionate, and always concerned for everyone around him. He simply oozes with love every day, and I pray so much that he stays that way. Literally, each and every day, I say to myself that "my cup runneth over" because every time he gives me one of his special hugs, I just can't believe how precious he is. And how much more precious is he in God's eyes? I pray that God gives us the wisdom to continue to make the best decisions for Zander so that he grows into the man that God has planned for him. God has something special in mind for my little man, and I am so thankful that he has been placed in my care.

Zander, you truly are blessed and from the Lord. May God continue to show you how much He loves you, and may God's love continue to shine through you each and every day.

No comments: