Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A Challenge!

"As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things." Ecclesiastes 11:5

The last few days I've been involved in an online discussion about God. It was spurred by a Nightline special involving a God Debate, and questions were asked about "proving God exists." Let me tell you, I thought I could provide a different perspective and provide some insight, and maybe help the person asking the question... not so. The questions that are being asked are well out of my area of expertise. It's an excellent reminder to me that I can't always have the answer. In this case, someone of a very scientific mind is searching for factual proof of God. What's so interesting about the discussion is that to me, God and religion is a matter of Faith. Believing in something that I haven't seen, and I wonder if someone searching for concrete evidence would accept it if they saw it? If a true miracle were to happen right in front of a person of science, would they admit it was a God thing, or try and explain it in a scientific manner?

Blind Faith. Today's verse of the day is very appropriate I think. I suspect were I to share today's verse with these people who are questioning, it would be dismissed. We are not to know all of God's mysteries. I think that's one of the many things that makes life great. We can see God's Works through the eyes of a child, because we will always see something that makes us believe that he is amazing. And so today instead of expanding further, I think I would just like to ask those who are reading this to remember these women in prayer over the next few days. They are searching for evidence, and I pray that those who are trying to answer are given words of wisdom from God to reach these people. May their hearts be softened to faith instead of science. And may he do great things through this discussion.

No comments: