Friday, February 26, 2010

I Love My Kids!

"Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him." Psalm 127:3

"But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these." Luke 12:18

I don't talk about my kids nearly enough on my blogs. Last night, as I was crawling into bed I was reflecting that every single day has ended exactly the same since I became a mom. Not a day goes by that I don't check in on my sleeping kids and thank God for them. Every day! They're just such cool little people! Someone was asking me about them the other day, their ages and such, and I told her, and then she asked if they drive me nuts sometimes. I was about to say, of course they do, but I had to stop and think about it, and you know what? They really don't. The things that they do that would drive the normal person batty, don't drive me batty, because I understand where they are coming from and why they are doing that.

For example. It would drive any person nuts to look at the toys that are scattered all over the house almost every single day. Seriously, at any given time the living room, the stairs and all the bedrooms can literally be smothered with stuff. That would annoy most anyone, except that in the last year, since we start homeschooling, I've watched with fascination as my children have been able to stretch their wings and really explore the art of play. They no longer sit and play in a tidy little box with one toy. They figure out the most amazing games and scenarios that involves almost all their toys. And these games can go on for days! Their minds are simply amazing.

And I am just so thankful to God that He placed this whole idea of schooling at home on our hearts. It's literally been life-changing for us. Yes, it's made me crazy busy a lot, but our relationship as a family is just indescribable. The kids are so much more happier than I would have thought possible and I know part of that is because they are at home learning with me every day.

The other part- and probably the bigger part is their own individual relationships with God. I am so thankful that God brought us to the church He did,where there are people who love my kids so much. They are walking them into a life of loving God that is nothing short of amazing. This past weekend at our conference I watched my little boy just praise and worship God with all his heart... it was just so awesome to see.

Children ARE such a blessing from God, but I think they key to enjoying them as a blessing is looking at them as a blessing. Sadly, I think so many people look at their kids as a burden- as activities need to be gotten to, money needs to be spent on them, time needs to be given to them. And I realize not everyone has the opportunity to stay at home like I do and spend all my time with my kids- but boy, when I look at my kids as the little treasures that God created, it boggles my mind! God had such a sense of humor when he put my little boy together. All those little pieces and parts put together to make this little man who cracks me up almost every single day. And as I look at my growing daughter, He certainly didn't hold back when he added on the beauty dust. It seems that every time I watch her dance, she gets so much more graceful and beautiful. It does terrify me that we're treading into that grey area of becoming a woman, but I know that with God's help, this time will be one full of love and understanding.

So I think I just wanted to say that today- how cool I think my kids are. If you are reading and this and you have kids- aren't your kids awesome too? Isn't that great how we look at our own kids and think that they are the greatest kids ever? Now think about how all these kids around us have at least one person thinking they're the best kids ever- that does a lot for that little person, whether we know it or not. Give some extra love on your kids this weekend and enjoy them for all the craziness they bring to your life.

No comments: