Monday, March 16, 2009

God Loves Me

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience." Colossians 3:12

See that? I am one of God's chosen people. I just know it. And here's why:

"See! The winter is past;
the rains are over and gone.

12 Flowers appear on the earth;
the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves
is heard in our land." Song of Solomon 2:11,12

Spring has sprung indeed. And I feel so overjoyed about the sunshine and melting snow. Yesterday I took some precious time, pulled out a chair, and sat out on the patio, in my socks, in the sunshine, just soaking up the rays. Oh, it felt so good, so amazing, and I just felt so blessed. I just know that God brought spring just for me. He knew how happy it would make me to experience warming sunshine. He's been watching, seeing my son walk to the window everyday and ask sadly if it was spring. The last two days he's spent a lot of time outside, just being a five-year old boy and enjoying the fresh air. The next few days are going to be even nicer- God is so Great!

With a song in my heart and on my face today, I will rejoice in all of God's wondrous creation.

"The earth is the LORD's, and everything in it,
the world, and all who live in it;" Psalm 24:1

No comments: