Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Warfare Wednesday: Give Thanks

"Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself." Matthew 22:37-39

Loving your neighbor as yourself includes our leadership. No matter what your original thoughts have been about our new president, he is still one of God's children, and as such, he deserves the same consideration and love as our friends and family. Let's give thanks this week for President Obama. He has a job that few people would even want, let alone do well. This week he took his first international trip to Canada to meet with the prime minister there. Imagine how exciting that must have been for the first time, to travel to meet with a foreign dignitary! I am thankful for a president who represents our nation well, and I pray for wisdom for him as he continues to travel throughout the globe. For other presidential prayer needs, please check out what the Presidential Prayer Team is thankful for this week.

In that regard, this week I feel that we should focus some prayer time on other world leaders. I know it's a fairly broad group of people, but every nation, every country has a leader of some kind. I'm going to take the time this week, as I go about my day, to pray for different countries and their leaders. How am I going to do that? Well, often, as I'm at my computer or watching TV or even grocery shopping, I'll see something that reminds me of another country. A flag or a blurb on the news about something in another nation. At that moment, I'm going to focus on that country and ask God to bless those leaders and give them wisdom. Our world sorely needs wisdom right now, and also revelation. I am going to pray for God to give these leaders revelation, ask him to show himself to them and make his presence known in their lives and in their decision making processes.

It all comes full circle, as the rest of the world watches America to see what we do first. Let's continue in fervent prayer for our nation to turn back to morality and what is right and good and pure in God's eyes. Let us return to our roots of "One nation, under God" and may the world see us do it and follow the example we set before them so that one day it will be "One world, under God". Nothing is impossible with God.

"You are all sons of the light and sons of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness.; Be joyful always; 17pray continually; 18give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:5; 16-18

No comments: