Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My Cup Runneth Over

"Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe," Hebrews 12:28

I am in awe, because my heart feels near-to-bursting. And I don't know why that is. Well, no, I guess I do know why that is, because my heart is a dwelling place for My God, but when I open my eyes in the morning, and before I've even had a thought in my mind, my heart feels full of love and joy. And that's just amazing and cool.

Then I saw this verse this morning, and it just fit with my "full-o-heart" mood. That first line just grabs me, "we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken", and how true is that!? God's kingdom is perfect, and it cannot be shaken by anything or anyone. We can turn on the news and read about pirates and bad economies, and war and terrorism, all things that can shake our world as it is, and it can be scary to think on those for very long. Except that I am a temporary resident here on earth. I am a citizen of the Kingdom of Heaven, a kingdom that cannot be shaken, so whatever happens here on hearth, doesn't really affect me in the long run. Really! And because I know that God's got my back, I know that he also has my kids' back, and my husband's back, and my brothers' and sisters' backs. The economy can totally tank, and we'll be just fine. We'll be more than just fine, because we are under the protection of God, and He will not only see us provided for, but he will see us happy and full of joy.

And that is why my cup runneth over this morning, because this is a Thanksgiving to be truly thankful for, and I feel that with all my heart and with all my soul. Today as I ready the house for company, I know I won't be doing it alone. And as the children play to their hearts content today, they will also have company, the company that will keep them playing nicely and considerately with each other. It's going to be a wonderful Thanksgiving, and my words cannot express how truly thankful I am to the God that I love with every ounce of my being.

No comments: