Monday, November 24, 2008

God Is Great!

"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness." Colossians 2:6-7

I slept terrible last night. Absolutely terrible. I had a hard time falling asleep, and then I slept poorly, and then I was up crazy early and finally fell back asleep just as the alarm was about to go off. I really, really didn't want to get out of bed. And part of that was because I knew there was a blanket of snow on the ground. It's still there.

As much as I hate the snow though, it sure is beautiful to look at. And it sure made my children light up to look out the window.

One of the things that had me awake this morning was that Andy came back to bed. Due to the snow, his boss decided to call off work this morning, and he came back to bed, and then I was awake thinking about how it already was a shortened work week and we really couldn't afford another day off. So I prayed a little about that, before dozing in and out. And then when I crawled out of bed this morning I thought about all the Thanksgiving shopping and running around I had to do today and how much Zander didn't want to go do that today. And now he doesn't have to, because Andy will be home, and Zander can stay home and have a great time with Daddy. Which is win-win for all, because as much as I love having Zander with me, I am much more efficient when I shop alone. God answers even the little ones prayers, and that puts a huge smile on my face.

But God thought he'd put a smile on my face just for me this morning as well, and when I came to sit at the computer, I checked my e-mail as I usually do. And lo, and behold, I found an e-mail that told me that I'd won a Thanksgiving turkey. Now if that isn't fun, I don't know what is. So my bad night of sleep, followed by waking up grumpy is completely gone. I'm at least starting the day in a fantastic mood, and God-willing, it's going to be a great day. And it's going to be a great week, because it IS Thanksgiving week here, so we get to spend the week being thankful, and that always puts a smile on my face. I love Thanksgiving, and I'm glad it's here.

Take a minute today and think about how great God is. It'll put a smile on your face.

No comments: