Friday, October 17, 2008

He Confides!

The LORD confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them. My eyes are ever on the LORD, for only he will release my feet from the snare. Psalm 25:14-15

Just look at that! God confides in those who fear him! He confides! What does that mean? A confidant shares secrets, they share things that no one knows. A confidant is also an like an informant, giving information when it's needed- and often just when it's needed. When we reach that point of love and fear and respect and humility and adoration all at the same time, we begin to have new thoughts and God becomes more, somehow. He makes his covenant known, and he lets us know what our part is going to be in sharing that covenant with others. And as long as we keep our eyes on Him, on God and not what is going around us, he will rip us out by our roots and take away the everyday fears we have. The snare of fear that this world wraps tight around us will be removed and destroyed and we can experience His ultimate freedom and grace.

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed this morning, I have to say. We've had a couple of amazing nights, and I'm completely looking forward to today and tomorrow, and seeing what God has to say. So I'm going to cut this very short this morning, as we'll be away from the kids all day, and I need to spend what time I can with them. I'll also be taking off from writing tomorrow, I think. I'll be back Monday- have a very blessed and wonderful weekend!

No comments: