Monday, March 03, 2008

It Just Is

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

God doesn't think like we do. His time is not measured like ours, and his ways are nothing like ours. Those things are difficult to comprehend to me. I like to read a good fantasy book, and the ones that do a good job of creating a whole new world are my favorites. Sometimes, that's how I think God is. It's like the best fantasy novel out there, only no one has read it yet, no one can comprehend exactly how that novel is going to be, because it's going to be the best ever. Eternity is going to be amazing, and only God can know how it's going to be.

That's why, sometimes when we're asking God for direction, or waiting on His voice to guide us, we don't understand that He's waiting for the prefect time. There is a perfect time for what He has in store for us, it's just sometimes difficult to trust that, and trust in His timing. Our time here on earth is not the same as God's timing. We can watch the calendar change, and see deadlines come and go, but God has no deadlines. He doesn't have the same calendar telling him it's time to take action. Patience is a virtue, as is trust in God. His way truly is perfect, and we will do our best to trust in the path that He will lay before us.

No comments: