Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Centering...and bit of Encouragement

I've had a song in my head for the last 24 hours. It's a song popular on the radio right now, although I listen to the radio about once every...two weeks or so? I don't even know who sings it, but the chorus and lyrics say "let my lifesong sing to you..." and that's what I keep singing over and over. It's really a powerful song. What does my lifesong sing? Does it sing to God? Or does it sing to the world, and I how do I help to make sure it does sing God's song? Here are a few verses to help me stay centered on God and what he has for me.

"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God." Colossians 3:16

"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death." Romans 8:1-2

"I will sing to the LORD all my life;
I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.

34 May my meditation be pleasing to him,
as I rejoice in the LORD." Psalm 104:33-34

"In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you
and wait in expectation." Psalm 5:3

Those verses just filled me up this morning! I read them and it was like, wow! Fill me up and get me ready for the day! Who needs coffee. (Well, okay, I still need the coffee.) But for me, the way to at least attempt to stay focused and centered on God is to start each and every day diving into the Bible. By starting my day in God's Word, I'm putting him first and foremost, and that helps me to get the focus I need to try and keep my lifesong on track. Verses like this today give me great encouragement and a much needed shot in the arm. I love that. I love how God's Word can take that morning melancholy and completely get rid of it. Seeing what he has for me in the morning just takes away the negativity and gets me going.

Our God is a great God! And all I can do is hope and pray that my lifesong will be something that I can be proud of.

No comments: