Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Joyful Day

As I write this post this morning, my dear sister in law is in labor with her second child. It truly is a joyful day here! I will be waiting all day impatiently for that phone call that announces the arrival of my new niece or nephew. I'm looking forward to meeting this new little being! So today is a day of great joy for us, which I am joyful for in itself. It's always wonderful to have a day where you spend the day with a song in your heart and a head full of gladness. It's days like this where a few of the Psalms specifically fit the mood in the house.

"I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonders.

2 I will be glad and rejoice in you;
I will sing praise to your name, O Most High." Psalm 9:1-2

"But give great joy to those who came to my defense.
Let them continually say, “Great is the Lord,
who delights in blessing his servant with peace!”
28 Then I will proclaim your justice,
and I will praise you all day long." Psalm 35:27-28

"Praise the Lord
Sing to the Lord a new song.
Sing his praises in the assembly of the faithful." Psalm 149:1


No comments: