Friday, October 05, 2007

Impatience

Yup. That's me, impatient at best. Even after yesterday's thoughts on living in the moment and enjoying each day as it comes along, I still tend to be impatient. I'm impatient for things to be settled with Andy's job- I just get so tired of waiting and being uncertain. It's annoying I tell you! Fortunately, there are verses for just such a feeling. Scripture that encourages me to try and be a little more patient, and to wait on God's timing- for he knows best.

" My soul waits for the Lord
more than watchmen wait for the morning,
more than watchmen wait for the morning.' Psalm 130:6

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4

"Be patient, then, brothers, until the Lord's coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains. 8You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord's coming is near." James 5:7-8

" Wait for the LORD;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD." Psalm 27:14

"And so after waiting patiently, Abraham received what was promised." Hebrews 6:15

Wait, wait, wait and be patient. That's definitely easier said than done. Being a Mom has certainly made me more patient, but still... It would be nice to know. But I can see where I am learning something- God is teaching us to rely on him. While I sit here craving knowledge and job security for Andy, I should know better. I should know that Andy is secure because God made it that way. God will provide the new job at just the right moment in time, and not a moment sooner. I need to trust in God's provision, and in the meantime, I need to learn patience. Lots of patience.

No comments: