Friday, August 03, 2007

Look at the Heart

"But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7

As we're going into a busy weekend, I think this verse is perfect for today. As a church we are spending another weekend serving our community, and I think it's important to keep this in mind as we do serve. We should not look at appearance as we reach out to our neighbors and friends. We need to keep in mind their hearts, and one thing they all have in common is that those hearts need to be filled with the love of Jesus. I pray that we will all be up to the task and that we will be able to reach out to those who need us. And I especially pray that the example we are setting by working with another church in this endeavor is contagious. That our area churches can unite and reach out to everyone, so our community can be well again.

I hope when people look at me, they don't look at my appearance, but at my heart. And I hope that what they see is good and something that I can be proud to show My Lord.

No comments: