Friday, June 29, 2007

Will

"The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever— do not abandon the works of your hands." Psalm 138:8

This verse stuck out for me today. I just really like it. Do not abandon the works of your hands. You know, sometimes when we're struggling and looking for a reason for something, we forget to do. Meaning, we get caught up in reflection, and forget about the things that need to be done. Something to remember, right at the beginning of this verse is the word "will". The Lord WILL fulfill his purpose for me. Meaning that at some point I will know exactly what direction he wants me to head. In the meantime though, I need to keep on with what I am doing. My hands need to continue my busy work. I can't just stop everything and wait for his direction- that direction could be years away! So I will hold to the promise of WILL. It doesn't say The Lord Might... or Maybe the Lord will... It says square and surely that The Lord WILL fulfill his purpose for me. I just need to be patient and stay the course and all will work itself out.

Tomorrow I will have a quick post, and then I'm afraid to say that I will be away from my computer for an entire week...Heart & Soul will be quiet for awhile.

No comments: