Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Nothing Is In Vain

"Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." 1 Corinthians 15:58

I saw this verse today and it made me smile. Especially the second half. Always give yourself fully...it doesn't say give yourself sometimes, or give yourself halfway. It says always, and it says fully. I recently committed myself to the worship team at church. It was so hard for me to make this commitment! As a Mom, that means I'm not just committing myself, but my children as well. When I go to church for practice, they need to go to practice as well. They already accompany me when I do my cleaning, so to commit to worship practice time was a big deal for me. Part of the problem has always been the mid-week practice time. That's insanely hard for us to get to, as it's during the kids wind-down time at night, and it interferes with bedtime.

A few weeks ago though when I decided that the time was right for me to be a part of the worship team, it meant fully. It meant that I needed to commit to mid week practices and early Sunday morning- and not just when I feel like it. As hard as it's going to be some weeks, I will have to keep this verse in mind. It will be good to be reminded that my diligence is not in vain sometimes. "Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord." What a great verse to start off with today. I just love how God brings scripture to the forefront at the right time.

No comments: