Friday, June 15, 2007

Another Reason To Be Thankful

"Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful." Colossians 4:2

"Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe," Hebrews 12:28

I have been running around a lot lately. We've been busy, and my van is getting a bit of a workout. Yesterday Zander and I hopped into the van to run to the store and discovered a flat tire. I was so grateful for the timing! Earlier in the day we'd gone to the strawberry patch with my sister in law and niece. It would have been horrible to be stuck several miles from home in the hot blazing son. It also would have been horrible to have that tire go flat during one of the many excursions with the kids last week- and we didn't have the time to have the tire repaired.

Instead, the tire flattened when I didn't really need the van. Zander and I were able to walk to the store together and get what we needed. Andy has off work today so he can do what he can to get the van to our mechanic. The timing just couldn't have been better, and I am so thankful for that!

No comments: