Thursday, June 07, 2007

Amazing God

"Before the mountains were born
or you brought forth the earth and the world,
from everlasting to everlasting you are God." Psalm 90:2

Just think about that for a minute. Really. Before there was this earth, there was God. That's just one of those mind-boggling things to me.

"For a thousand years in your sight
are like a day that has just gone by,
or like a watch in the night." Psalm 90:4

And think about that one. A thousand years are to us are as one day to God. God is timeless. That is amazing to me. We live in a world today that runs by time. Even just thinking about my day ahead of me I wonder where I will find the time to fit everything in that needs to be fit in. Then again, how much of it really matters? Will it really matter if I don't get the laundry done today? Not really, but it will leave me more for tomorrow. Will it matter if I don't get to go grocery shopping? Not really, we have plenty of food in the house, we'll hardly starve if I don't go today. Some days it can be really easy to let time take over and control my day. I have to get this done, and this done, and then this too. And it's also very easy to let that take over and control everything- like my devotional time. It would be very easy to say that I don't have time for it, and I don't have time to blog about it. And I wholeheartedly confess that today was one of those days. But by golly, here I am blogging.

And with that, I do have a lot to do today, and I pray that God will help me use my time wisely. To his benefit, and to the benefit of my family, not for my benefit. May my time today be productive in his eyes.

No comments: