Wednesday, May 30, 2007

In God I Trust

"In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?" Psalm 56:4

"Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you." Psalm 9:10

"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song." Psalm 28:7

Trust: a : assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something b : one in which confidence is placed

Sometimes that trust is tested. This past winter we put all our trust in God to get us through, and there were certainly times where I found that trust wavering. But we did get through, and for me it was the perfect example of what that trust can do. Now I find myself in a point of trust again. Two weeks ago I was cleaning the church and randomly thinking about this and that. Mostly I was thinking about how I was serving by cleaning, and trying to think about how I could use my talent of writing more for God. I do this blog every day, but certainly there could be more. So right there, vacuum in hand, I prayed that God would show me how to use my writing talent to his benefit. Well, in a really bizarre turn of events, and just a few days after praying that prayer, I may have an opportunity to use my writing talent for God.

I won't get into the details just yet because it's not set in stone, but I really feel that this is something that God placed in my path for a reason. There's no other excuse for it actually, and just thinking about it makes me a little nervous. I don't know if I'm up to the challenge, and that's when I remember to pray. God placed this before me for a reason, he will give me the strength and the endurance to meet the challenge placed before me. And it will be beneficial and will be used for his purpose. It's just a little scary to me think about being a mouthpiece for God. I am trusting in God completely that he has given me this opportunity and I trust that he will help me. Trust can be scary in itself, like I'm putting all my eggs in one basket, and I very well might be. But I trust that it is His Will and he will see me to the goal line.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just love getting to see your examples of faith and how God works through that. Just a few weeks before my grandmother died, a pastor friend was talking to her and asked her what she thought the greatest character trait was (I think that was the question). She thought for a while and instead of saying what he thought would be the respone, LOVE, she responded "obedience." I think through obedience we are able to show love, faith, honor, trust, respect, etc. Just continue in your obedience! This brings glory to God!