Friday, April 20, 2007

Do Not Worry

25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" Matthew 6:25-27

This is one of those passages in the Bible that doesn't need much discussion. Look! It says right in the Bible-" do not worry". And while it is human nature to worry- I think, we don't have to do it. We can look worry straight in the eye and say "Be gone! I have no need to worry, the Lord is on my side." I love watching the birds in our backyard. We have a large open area, and it is full of birds. On warmer mornings I love to sit on the patio with my coffee while Zander plays and watch the birds interact with each other. And I always think about this verse when I do that. I think about how God watches every single one of these birds- and there is always plenty of food. Whether it be from one of the many feeders in the area, or from the plethora of worms plucked from the ground. The birds always have plenty, and are always full of songs of joy.

Right now I liken Andy and myself to the birds. We have plenty. We have an abundance that only God could have provided. And like the songbirds, we want to announce that to everyone who will listen. That God does provide!!! There is no reason to worry, because he is watching over us and will make sure that our needs are met. It is a beautiful day! The Lord does provide- and not only has he provided our basic needs, but today he has provided the most beautiful day! The sun is bright and shining, and we will be spending the next day or so outdoors in his splendor. God is great!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is great and greatly to be praised! Thanks, these are good verses to reflect upon. So many things are put before us to worry about, but God is greater than all those fears. His perfect love casts out all fear. It is a beautiful day! It is a day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it. God bless you Erika!

judyinktown

ps~ I made my way here from A Year in Bread, I know it was the Lord leading me. So good to meet a sister in Christ.

Erika W. said...

Welcome Judy! Nice to "meet" you. It is more than a beautiful day here- it's completely glorious!

I look forward to chatting with you more. :-) I think you'll find that there are a few of us peppered throughout the blogosphere- and the world is getting smaller every day.