Monday, June 20, 2011

All Means ALL

"And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."  Philippians 4:19

Last week was pure bliss for me.  I can't really explain it, but we had no priorities, nothing that HAD to be done, and I literally spent most of the week just relaxing.  It was so wonderful and such a gift.  Now here we are in a new week, and the great big busy-ness has returned.  So I'm blogging a little late today, but I didn't want to skip anymore days of blogging, as I will be taking a vacation next week and will be away from my computer.

So I'll keep it quick and brief today, because I have things to get going on today.  I really just simply wanted to point out that sometimes we can miss the smallest things when we are reading our scriptures.  In this case, the simple word ALL is often skipped over, or we don't really realize that it IS saying all.  This verse in Philippians says that God will supply ALL our needs.  All of them, that means every single one- it doesn't mean some, or a few, or even most, it means Every. Single. Need.  It means that God will provide shelter and clothing and food for our families.  He's not going to provide a home and then tell us to fend for ourselves.  God is our supply- our source, and the provider of every thing we need to navigate this life here on earth.

That's just so cool.

When I think about needs that we have, I do often address them one at a time.  You know, I pay bills one at a time as their due dates come up in the month, so one at a time I address them and ask God to help us manage our finances and see that each and every bill is met.   But this verse, this is the simple one that I just need to keep reciting over and over, instead of concerning myself so often with each and every need.  My God shall supply all my needs.  Plain and simple.  I've been talking to God a bit lately about our needs throughout the summer.  It's time for me to start buying curriculum for the coming school year, and our vehicles need some work done, and then to still stay on top of all the regular expenses... It's a little overwhelming to think of all that at once, so I just keep talking to God about them.

Except that God knows exactly what I need.  He knows every single book that we need to have on our shelves in order to start school, and I truly believe that He's already set the things in motion that need to be so that we can get the books we need. 

Because my Bible says that God will supply all my needs.  And even better than that, look at the second part of that verse:  According to HIS riches.  God's riches are vast, limitless and overabundant.  That just gives me such comfort to think of that.  To think on that and to know that in the past He most certainly has provided for all our needs, and I also know that He will continue to do so. God is just so good. 

So think about that, the next time you wonder if that upcoming need will be met.  God supplies ALL your needs.  He supplies ALL of my needs.  Sometimes His timing may not be the same as our timing, but He always comes through regardless. 

No comments: