Thursday, March 10, 2011

Warfare Wednesday: A Day Late

"Open your mouth for the speechless,
      In the cause of all
who are appointed to die.
       9 Open your mouth, judge righteously,
      And plead the cause of the poor and needy."  Proverbs 31:8-9


I have no idea what happened yesterday!  I woke up, knowing full well it was Wednesday, and rolling around a few things for my Warfare Wednesday post, and then I went to the computer.  I spent time checking out the news reports, seeing what was going on in the world, and before I knew it, I was blogging, because something came to mind to blog.   I blogged away, and it wasn't until about an hour later that I realized what I had done- that somehow I had shifted Warfare Wednesday to the back of my mind and went in a totally different direction.  Someone must have needed to hear what I had to say yesterday I guess.  That's the only explanation I can think for it.  I didn't want to let the day slide until next week though.  There's too much going on in the world around us, and we need to pray for our leaders more than ever.

I am surely praying for President Obama this morning.  It seems like every day there is a new country with an uprising, and I know that our President is unsure how he should respond in many of these instances.  Does he support the government- who may have been a tentative ally?  Or does he support the protesters and their cries for freedom and equality?  So I am praying this morning for Godly wisdom for President Obama.  I pray that as he thinks about each and every one of these situations, that he will know the right thing to do in each individual circumstance.  I also pray that he will turn to God for the answers to the many questions that are on his plate regarding the unrest in the Middle East.  No one know what is going to happen there better than the Lord God, and I pray that President Obama will turn to his knees for answers and for solutions- and that he too, will pray for peace for Israel and the surrounding countries.

As the uprisings of people continue in the Middle East region, and in Africa, the earth is also uprising.  I am praying this morning for the people of China who are digging out from a pretty major earthquake.  May the glory and peace of God flood China, and fill the people with hope, and with His love- the love of a real Father. 

And I am still praying for the people of Christchurch, New Zealand.  It's been a few weeks since the devastating earthquake hit there, and it could be years before they are fully recovered.  I have also been hearing stories of miracles and survival happening, and I pray that those will more than continue.  As God pours out His love on the people of Christchurch, may they turn to Him fully, and give Him all the glory for their survival, and for their recovery as the begin to put the pieces back together and get their lives back to a new normal for them.

And finally, this morning, I want to pray for peace.  I am praying against the powers of darkness who would seek to cause harm to the people of God.  Just this morning I read that Heathrow Airport in London was evacuated due to a bomb threat.  Nothing like a bomb threat to instill fear in the people of London- and of people who travel in general.  Fear is not from God, and whether there were intentions to actually follow through with an actual bombing or not- sometimes the mere act of instilling fear is a major part of terrorism.  Terrorism WILL NOT WIN on this place called earth!  I am praying this morning for safety and peace, and for an end to terror groups all over the globe.  God is a God of peace and of love, and there is no room for terror in the global love revival that is going to sweep across the globe.

No comments: