Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Warfare Wednesday

"Do they not go astray who devise evil? But mercy and truth belong to those who devise good."  Proverbs 14:22

Mercy and truth.  This week, for Warfare Wednesday, I am praying for mercy and truth.  It has been a crazy last week in the state of Wisconsin, and the craziness appears to be spreading to other states.   It has been a difficult week to be a Christian- and to have an opinion about politics.  Ultimately, for me, I think I just decided that I needed to step away from drawing any opinions and any criticism, and I just needed to spend time praying about the situation.  That regardless of the outcome, peace would be maintained, and that God's desire for this state would be the result.   I'm still praying about it, as protests are now in their ninth day in our state capital.  As I look across the country, I see that the state of Indiana may be following suit... I pray for peace in Indiana as well as Wisconsin- and I pray that God's Will will come out on top.

I am also praying that other Christians will see the need to pray as well.  I've seen too many good men and women of God in the last week getting caught up in the intensity of what's going on.  I think we all just need to take a step back and pray right now.  We need to pray for God's Will to be done in our state, in our neighboring states, and across the country.  God has awesome plans for Wisconsin and our surrounding states.  God has awesome plans for the United States of America, and the enemy chooses to use this time of budget proposals to sow many seeds of discord and anger.  He will not be successful.

And yet, while we are facing our issues in this country, on the other side of the globe, we see democracy taking a stand, first in Egypt and now in Libya.  Freedom is sweeping the globe like wildfire, and I just pray that God would send His peace into these regions and countries and keep the demonstrations calm and peaceful- and that His people would feel a great burden to pray for their nations.

While the people across the globe are taking a stand for what is right, and creating waves, natural waves have been rising, and we need to spend time praying for the precious people of Christchurch, New Zealand.  Right now the headlines say that 75 are dead, but 300 are missing in this devastating earthquake in a beautiful country.  God's been up to something in New Zealand for a while now, and I pray that this earthquake will somehow be used for His Glory.  I pray for peace for those who are suffering the losses of loved ones and property, and I pray that the recovery in that city will be swift and that the usual crimes that follow disaster- looting and theft- would be held at a standstill.  God loves the people of Christchurch, and I pray that they will feel His love in a great and mighty way in the days to come.

No comments: