Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Warfare Wednesday

"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me"  John 14:6

I think I want to keep it simple this morning.  I feel like my heart is being tugged in a million different directions this morning.  When I pop up the national news headlines, I see that there is trouble on Capital Hill in Washington, and our President and Congress need our prayers to come to Godly understanding and agreement.  When I look globally, I see there are protests in the country of Haiti because of who was eliminated in the elections.  I see that many have died in a prison fire in the country of Chile.  I see that there are talks going on between the countries of Turkey and Israel to repair relations between those countries.  When I look further East, I read that two trains collided in Bangladesh, killing many people.  At the same time, my mind itself is dwelling on the fact that it is December, and we're just over two weeks away from a major gift-giving holiday, and my heart hurts for those people who are unable to buy gifts for their children and loved ones.

So this morning, I'm going to continue to pray for President Obama.  I will continue to pray that he will seek Godly counsel and that those leaders in Washington who already rely on the Lord to guide their footsteps will become close to the president and help him see that Jesus is the only way to go.  I am praying that the Holy Spirit will invade the White House like a hurricane, that He will start at the top and spread out and cover the whole building with the truth of God.  And then it will spread.  It will spread to Capital Hill and Congress.  It will spread to the Supreme Court and even to the political analysts and lobbyists who spend their days traveling from meeting to meeting.  May the city of Washington DC find itself in a firestorm of Holy Spirit love and truth.

And I am praying that President Obama would also seek out and maintain a strong relationship with the nation of Israel.  Just one week ago I read about an Amish delegation who traveled to Israel to apologize for their behavior during the holocaust, and pledging their support for Israel.  It was such a touching article to read, and then today I read that the country of Turkey is trying to repair a damaged relationship.  Our country needs to lead the way in support of Israel, and I pray that President Obama will see this and understand this and implement this. 

But you know what keeps going through my head this morning?  That more than anything, especially given the time of year, the president and all those who are in Washington trying to make and create policy need a good old-fashioned does of joy.   May the joy of the Lord sweep through the political arenas this holiday season and remind each and every person what it is we are celebrating this Christmas.  May the joy of the Lord sweep through the political buildings, not just in Washington, but in state capitals and the nations capitals of the world.  May it infect the most important people at the top, all the way down to the person who scrubs the toilets at night.  With the joy of the Lord present in our political arena, all things can be possible through Him who made everything possible.   God is just so good! And I pray that His Goodness will be evident in the weeks ahead to each and every person in this country. May the love of God overwhelm the United States of America.

No comments: