Friday, November 12, 2010

For You, Blog Readers

"For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives," Colossians 1:9

This blogging adventure here at Heart & Soul has truly been an adventure sometimes.  The first time I had a thought about blogging my thoughts about the Bible, it was an extension of a 40 Days of Purpose campaign.  I was reluctantly going along with a second trek through that book, and the idea came to me that blogging would put a new spin on it.  So I blogged it.  And I still didn't like the 40 Days of Purpose campaign, but I found that blogging thoughts about the Bible was not as difficult as it seemed.  In fact, I became amazed, as I would sit down at the computer, Bible in hand (or Bible Gateway as the case usually is) and find that I had lots to say about a particular verse or group of verses. 

The truth is, there are so many days where I wake up and I think that it would be nice to not have to do my Bible blogging in the morning.  When this blog first started, I was blogging seven days a week.  And then I dropped it to six, because Sunday mornings became too busy to spend some time at the computer first thing.  And then as time went on, I dropped Saturdays as well, because I realized that while my blogging is doing me great good, my family needed some attention as well.  So I faithfully blog Monday thru Friday in almost all circumstances.

But I couldn't do that without you.  So many times I know the devil would LOVE it if I took just one day off, or took just a few days off.   But you know, the ultimate thing is that digging into my Bible and giving thought and meditation to a verse or two is THE BEST way to start my day.  What could be better than opening God's Word and seeing what He has to say to me?  Well, there are days where I come up with other ideas.  But then there are also days, like yesterday, where I really was busy all day, and my Bible reading later in the day just did not happen.  And then I was so thankful for these precious minutes that I get to sit down with a verse or two and share what's on my heart and in my mind.  Because at least it's something.

The thing is, if I thought no one was reading this blog, it would certainly be easy to take a break or two, or just stop altogether.  But I know God has other plans for me, and I also know that there are a faithful few who read this blog regularly, and I love you for that.  This verse above from Colossians?  That's what I think everyday when I think about some of the people who may read my words.  I know sometimes I get e-mails and comments, and I try to respond to most of them, although sometimes that just doesn't happen.  I think of you as "My Precious Blog-Readers"  because that's what you are- whether you are reading my words for the first time or the thousandth.  You are so precious to Him, and to me, and even though I've certainly never met most of you, I just know that if we ever were to meet, it would be like old friends meeting up, even though we've never had that opportunity.  And you know what?  Someday we will meet up!  Someday we will be together in paradise and we will be able to worship God together!  How cool is that!

So I just wanted to take a rare minute and say thank you to my readers, because you keep me accountable.  You truly do, and I thank you for that, because it really does keep me going with my Bible reading and study.  And I'm always on the lookout for fresh perspective that I think my readers would like to hear.  My prayer this morning, as we head into the weekend is that you will be freshly blessed as you read these words.  I pray that God would make Himself very real in your hearts and lives, and that He would bless you abundantly, that your cup may be overflowing with His goodness and mercy.  Because He loves you so much, as do I.  Happy weekend, my dear blog readers.  May you find yourself in His arms of rest this weekend and feel refreshed and rejuvenated.

No comments: