Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Warfare Wednesday: He Is God

"I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
 3 "You shall have no other gods before me."  Exodus 20:2-3

Sometimes a person just needs to read this verse out loud.  When I read the words "I am the Lord your God", I just feel like I have to do something.  I feel like I'm torn between two things, on the one hand, I want to start jumping up and down and shouting for joy.  On the other hand, I want to fall prostrate to the ground in adoration.  I think both would be acceptable to God.  :)

This morning, which is the scheduled morning when we set aside time to pray for President Obama and other government leaders, I am filled with joy.  The rescue is underway this morning for the Chilean Miners.  My heart is near to bursting at the goodness of God, to be with those men as they've been trapped underground for 69 days.  Honestly, I imagine this is how the world felt during the Apollo 13 disaster, as they learned with great joy that the astronauts would not perish in space, but would return to earth.  

God is just so good!  He IS the Lord our God, and it is HE who enabled the drill to get to the miners many weeks sooner than anticipated.  It is God who filled the men above with knowledge to design and build the rescue capsule.  And it is God who is even now, with the men waiting underground.  He is filling them with HIS peace and HIS goodness.  I have even heard reports that there are miners who have accepted Jesus as their Savior while underground!  How wonderful is that!?

The song in my heart this morning is that God is good all the time. I have such joy right now, as I think about these miners reaching the surface and seeing their loved ones.  It is my fervent prayer this morning that all 33 will know that God was with them while they were trapped underground, and that they will not have the health and mental and emotional troubles of being back in the real world.  May God give them His perfect peace and perfect health.

I also want to pray this morning for the many campaigns going on around the country- and particularly here in my home state of Wisconsin.  I want to pray for truth to come to light.  The campaigns have not been very good, actually, and there has been a lot of mudslinging and untruthful words said.  While a campaign may use an untruth to try and sway voters, really, all it's doing right now is causing confusion.  Voters are having to really research and sift through this and that, trying to find out the actual truth.  I pray that the campaigns in general will stop being so dishonest and just share the truth.  I pray that God will help the voters to see the truth behind the words being shared. 

But most of all this morning, I just pray that the verse I posted above will be truth around the globe.  May this Chilean miner rescue show the glory of God as the whole world is watching the situation unfold.  And as I close this morning, I have a verse running through my head, so I guess I will share it.

"The LORD bless you
       and keep you;
 25 the LORD make his face shine upon you
       and be gracious to you;

 26 the LORD turn his face toward you
       and give you peace." ' Numbers 6:24-26


I am going to be taking an extended weekend break this week.  It's conference week, and I simply won't have the time to do some regular posting over the next few days.  For all my regular readers, I pray these verses from the book of Numbers over you.  May God bless you in the days ahead, may He shine on you and give you great peace.  Be blessed, I'll talk to you soon.

No comments: