Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Warfare Wednesday

"Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.”  John 3:20-21

Let's give some praise to God this week for His mercy and divine protection this week!  There are a few things on my mind that, as I think on them I think, wow! God is so good!

A huge terror plot was uncovered and foiled in Europe this week.  The attack was supposed to be in several major cities in Europe- coordinated for the same times.  It could have taken the lives of hundreds, had they been successful.  Praise God!  The plot was uncovered and foiled, and a victory is had against evil and terrorism.  I am so incredibly thankful that God put the right information into the right hands to discover this horrendous plot. 

I am also thankful for the country of Mexico this morning.  Yesterday there was a massive mudslide in a city in the southern part of the country.  The first reports shared news that hundreds were feared dead or missing.  Right now, authorities are saying that 11 are missing.  Eleven!  This mudslide buried an entire town, and only eleven people are missing.  Praise God for His mercies!  I am praying this morning that those eleven people will be found alive and well.  I also know, from a personal connection, that this particular town is an unreached people- they need to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Just think about the goodness of God that spared this town so that they could have an opportunity to hear the Good News- they didn't perish into an eternity of torment because they never knew Jesus as their Savior.  In fact, this particular people group does not even have a Bible written in their language yet.  Translators are working fervently on finishing up a New Testament as I write this.   I pray this morning that they will be able to finish their work soon, and that God will get the glory for the amazing way this town comes through the mudslide disaster. 

I also continue to pray for President Obama this week.  I pray for continued safety for him and his family.  He is doing a lot of traveling now with elections just a few months away.  I pray that God will keep him safe in all his travels, and I pray that Godly men and women will come into his circle of trusted individuals- and that he will listen to what they have to say.  I pray for the next five weeks or so as campaigns ramp up to try and win elections.  May peace and love invade the campaigns.  I pray that this election period stays quiet and peaceful- and that the people who God has designed for office will win their respective elections. 

And finally this morning, I am praying locally for the flooding here in this part of the country.   There are many rivers expected to crest in the next day or two due to recent heavy rain, and I just pray that the damage from them is minimal.  I pray that people use common sense when dealing with the heavy waters- and that everyone stays safe.

No comments: