Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Warfare Wednesday: Thankful

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."  Philippians 4:6

This morning, I come to the weekly Warfare Wednesday post with thanksgiving in my heart.  Not the holiday, where we sit around and eat all day, but a genuine attitude of thankfulness.  Yesterday was election day in our state.  It was simply a primary election, the big election will be in November, but I am still so thankful to live in a country where we can exercise our right to vote.  I am thankful that when we don't like what our government and legislators are doing, we can voice our opinion and vote for someone else to take that position, and try to do better. And I am thankful that, for the most part, up to now, the pre-election business has been clean and soft.  It hasn't been full of mud-slinging and dirty ads accusing each other of negative things.  I pray that the next seven weeks, leading up to the November election stay peaceful and calm.

I also pray this morning, that as the preliminary results come out across the country, that the leaders in office will see that America is speaking with their vote.  I pray that those who are not up for re-election will see that they are not making good choices and good decisions, and that they will spend some time reflecting on that- and most importantly-talking to God about it.   I am praying so mightily for a move of God to sweep across the governments of this country.   I am praying for our nation to wake up and realize that the government of this country does not belong to man...

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."  Isaiah 9:6

Jesus came to save the world and to lead us for all eternity.  Can you imagine how wonderful it would be to begin eternity while we are here on earth?  The country that follows Jesus will be the country that follows God's Will, and that's the country I want our country to be.  I want our country to be a leader- so that everyone else will follow.  Every once in a while I hear talk of a "one world government", but think of a true one-world government with Jesus at it's helm...

So this morning I am just thankful, and I thank God for freedom and for democracy.  I am thankful to live in a land where the people have their say, and I am thankful that our voices can be heard.   I am thankful this morning for President Obama.  I am thankful that he and his family are sacrificing to serve this country.  I pray for their continued protection, but I also pray for a great awakening in the White House.  I pray that our president will come to know the one and only true God, and that He will choose the path God has laid out before him.   For we truly are the United States, one nation under God.  I pray that the time has arrived where we finally get to live it.

No comments: