Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Warfare Wednesday

"He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:20

If we find faith, God will answer.

This morning as I continue to pray for the safety of President Obama and his family, I am also praying for much wisdom for him. I am praying for wisdom for him to know how to deal with the borders of this country. America has always been the land of the free- and anyone on the earth could come to this country to start over or try to make a new life for their families. With the risk of terrorism, and the drug trafficking along the Mexican border, finding a balance has to be near to impossible. The drug lords in Mexico and central America are getting tougher and tougher, and the southern border of our country gets more at-risk every single day- and what are the answers? I certainly don't know the answers, but I know who does. God has the answers. God knows how to protect our border from terrorists and drug cartels. God knows how we can still let immigrants in while keeping the riff-raff out.

Can you just imagine how this country would be protected if our leaders would call upon the Lord God to send His angels to protect our borders? Oh my gosh! A nation that will bow it's knees to the Lord will find favor with the Most High.

This morning I am also praying for mercy and protection for the people of Russia. And I'm praying that God would send healing rains to put out the forest fires wreaking havoc in that country. Of biggest concern are the fires that are coming dangerously close to the site of Chernobyl. A fire that reaches there would send radiation back into the atmosphere, and I pray that God would not let the fires get that fire. I pray that He will give the firefighters supernatural energy to fight the fires- and that He will also keep them safe- both from the fires, and from the risk of radiation.

In addition, in the capital city of Moscow, 700 people have died from breathing in the toxic fumes being created by these wildfires. I pray that God will have mercy on the city and that He will protect the people from these horrible fumes. May He give them sweet, fresh air to breathe, and may He cleanse the air of all unrighteousness that tries to linger.

And while I'm praying for that, it's been a long time since I've thought of Chernobyl- the site of the worst nuclear accident on earth. The area is still toxic and uninhabitable. Yet God could clean it up. God knows exactly what is needed to rid that area of contamination. What a sign that would be to the Russian people, of His love for them. And so I pray that as the attention is currently back on Chernobyl for a time, that God would clean the area with His mighty breath and power. I pray that He would shower His love on Russia, and that the people would know that the love they are experiencing is from God alone, and that they would turn their hearts over to Him.

No comments: