Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Warfare Wednesday: Prayer For The President

Dear President Obama,

This scripture verse today is my specific prayer for you.

"I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints," Ephesians 1:18

Sincerely,
One Who Loves Jesus and America

I pray just about every day that our president would come face to face with the glory of God. I do, because the president who bows his knee in supplication to the Lord Most High is the president I want to see lead our country in the right direction.

This week has been a dicey week for the president. I don't need to re-hash the major news, but an Islamic community is planning to build a mosque near the site of the September 11th attacks, and of course, this has brought out all sorts of criticism and rage and fear on every side of the story. Now, I believe in Jesus. I don't like to see plans for a mosque going up anywhere, however, I live in America. I live in the land of the free where there is freedom of speech and freedom of religion. We are free to worship whomever and however we'd like. The muslims are free to worship where they want. It's an unfortunate choice that their proposed site is near Ground Zero, but I don't know the details as to why they chose that site. Maybe because of the debris field it's in their affordable price range, I don't know. But I do know this. I don't want to live in a country where the government decides to step in and tell a community of worshipers and believers where they can or can't build their house of worship.

I am praying for all involved in this situation. I am praying for wisdom for government leaders who may think about stepping in, and I'm also praying for the general public. May those who are angry and upset realize that they don't want the government to interfere in this situation. Once the government steps in and tries to do something, they set precidence that could spread like wildfire...

We live in America, one nation under God. There are times when we need to be reminded of this. I shared a verse up above, and that genuinely is my prayer for President Obama- I pray that his eyes are opened to the wonders of God and that his head and heart is open to the wisdom of God. I thought I would close todays post with the verses from Ephesians that follow verse 18. May the power of God come upon our national government. From the President to the Vice President, to Congress, the House of Representatives and the Supreme Court. May God be at the head of this country once again, so we can be an example for the world around us.

"and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, 20which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, 21far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. 22And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, 23which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way." Ephesians 1:19-23

No comments: