Monday, August 16, 2010

It Is A Sweet Week

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."" Matthew 11:28-30

Yesterday was a beautiful day at church. Worship went on and on, and so many people were touched. As we praised God with all our hearts, He shared His heart with us. His heart is to bear our burdens for us. God really wants for us to take the problems that have been weighing us down, and hand them over to Him. He wants us to take the yokes off our shoulders and trade Him for his easy burden- the burden of love. It doesn't matter what your burden is. It could be an addiction to something, it could be a financial matter, a health matter, a mental matter- such as depression or fear- it could be a relational matter with another person. God wants to carry that burden for you. You've carried it long enough, He wants to take it from you and give you rest.

While the heart of God was being revealed yesterday, many people, including myself felt as if a great weight lifted from their shoulders and their hearts. Literally! My step got a little springier and I just felt such peace- and so relaxed. We had a rough Thursday and Friday- and it was weighing on us, and just like that- poof. God took it away, and then He promised that this week was going to be a sweet week. A relaxing week where if we take the time to spend time with Him, He would share more of His heart with us. If we purpose to spend more time in His Word this week, He will show us things that we've never seen before and delight us in new ways. I can't wait to find out what He has to say to me in His precious scriptures.

"I the LORD will be their God, and my servant David will be prince among them. I the LORD have spoken. 25 " 'I will make a covenant of peace with them and rid the land of wild beasts so that they may live in the desert and sleep in the forests in safety. 26 I will bless them and the places surrounding my hill. I will send down showers in season; there will be showers of blessing. 27 The trees of the field will yield their fruit and the ground will yield its crops; the people will be secure in their land. They will know that I am the LORD, when I break the bars of their yoke and rescue them from the hands of those who enslaved them. " Ezekiel 34:24-27

The world tries to enslave us over and over again- but Jesus has come to give us life! We can take up His yoke, which is light and easy, and be free of the yokes of this world. And there's nothing you have to do to qualify for this precious gift. All you have to do is say yes- how cool is that? Just say "Yes, God, take these burdens from me, and give me yours. I want to have a sweet week, resting in the gentleness of your heart."

And just like that, it's done. God wants you to come to Him and to experience what a sweet week with Him feels like.

"Come, all you who are thirsty,
come to the waters;
and you who have no money,
come, buy and eat!
Come, buy wine and milk
without money and without cost.

2 Why spend money on what is not bread,
and your labor on what does not satisfy?
Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good,
and your soul will delight in the richest of fare." Isaiah 55:1-2

The richest fare is in our Bibles. When we feast on the banquet that He has already placed before us, we will delight in everything He shares with us. It won't even be like a regular old banquet with food- where there is almost always something that you don't like on the table. At God's banquet- every morsel is delicious to the soul. Every word we take in will be satisfying and delightful.

"You will go out in joy
and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills
will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field
will clap their hands. " Isaiah 55:12

A week full of God's peace. A week full of feeling satiated and relaxed and wonderful- this is going to be a wonderful week, and is such a precious gift. It couldn't have come at a better time for us, as it's birthday week here. My precious girl is turning 10 on Friday, and I am so excited that the week leading up to it is going to be wonderful and full of grace. And if you're reading this today- or even later in the week, this sweet week is for you too. God told me to share it with you, my precious readers, because you are so deserving in His eyes. He loves you so much, and He wants to give you seven days of glorious rest. Unload your burdens to Him and He will give you so much rest and love- your heart may come near to bursting.

It's going to be a delightful week.

No comments: