Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Warfare Wednesday

"Yet give attention to your servant's prayer and his plea for mercy, O LORD my God. Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence this day." 1 Kings 8:28

So this week as I go to check out all the different headlines, and see if there is something pressing to really pray about today, I see one of the headlines is about bickering in the House of Representatives. Again. There is fighting and arguing and comments being made about something that isn't even relevant to governmental matters today. Really. The people who are fighting with each other are fighting about a future event- about the fall elections and which political party will have the majority in the House. I'm sorry, but this is just ridiculous. It's completely ridiculous that these people could be dealing with pressing matters of government- of creating laws and discussing real issues, and instead they're arguing and fighting about something that is of total inconsequence right now.

Honestly? Some days it's difficult to pray for the leaders in this country. This morning I really feel like we need to pray for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, when really, I would like nothing more than to request a special lightning strike from the heavens- just for her. However, I do know this, I know that God is a God of mercy and of love, and while I may really dislike the words that I hear Nancy Pelosi say from time to time, the fact of the matter is that God still loves her. With all His heart, actually. He loves her so much, and I just know that He desires a relationship with her- a relationship full of good counsel and wisdom. And so I will pray for that this morning. I am praying that Nancy Pelosi will meet with God in an unexpected way and that she will be blown away by the love He has for her. I pray that she will seek His wisdom and His guidance in the matters that are truly important for this country.

I also pray for President Obama and his family this morning. They are headed on a little vacation, and I just pray that God blesses them during this family time. May they have a relaxing time enjoying each other and the precious time they have together. I also pray that during this vacation time, that President Obama takes some time to have some one-on-one chats with God. May He turn to God in this hour of need for our country, and may God hear his cries and answer them in a wonderful way. May God give our president wisdom for dealing with the financial situation in our country- God's ways are the best ways, and the country that chooses to follow those ways is a wise and blessed country indeed.

May God hear the cries of the people and eliminate the darkness that is threatening to overtake our government. May God hear the cries of His people and pour out His Spirit upon the people of this nation, of this government, and may they, in turn, follow the voice of the Lord God. May His Spirit flow freely through the halls of government and cause the fighting and the rebellion to cease. Instead, may love and mercy find a home, and may Godly wisdom flow in the decisions to come.

No comments: