Thursday, June 17, 2010

Warfare Wednesday: On Thursday

"Sing to God, sing praise to his name, extol him who rides on the clouds — his name is the LORD— and rejoice before him. A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling." Psalm 68:4-5

Oops! This morning as I woke up, wondering what I was going to blog about this morning, several different ideas ran through my head. Biggest on my mind though is the fact that for the first day in about a week we have abundant sunshine outside. What a wonderful thing God created! And it's amazing how a little sun can completely change your outlook on a day or change your mood.

But then I looked at the calendar and thought about how it's Thursday, and what would be good to blog about for a Thursday, and then it struck me. I completely forgot my Warfare Wednesday post yesterday! Not blogging on Monday because we had company completely messed me up, and forgot about the shortened week. One part of me thought about just skipping it this week- but wouldn't the enemy really like that? To have me take a break from remembering to pray for the president? So we will pray, and today will be as Wednesday usually is...

I have no doubt that President Obama is feeling the heat about the oil spill, and this morning I just would like to pray for God to intervene and give him Godly wisdom as to what should be done about the spill. God has the answers, and the president can talk to as many advisers as he wants, but only God can give him the answers he really needs to contain and clean up the spill. I also want to pray for wisdom for President Obama regarding the border with Mexico. Violence has increased with the drug cartels and there just needs to be a good way to make the border area safe AND allow immigrants to come into the country legally. I am praying for wisdom for the President as decisions are made, and I pray for safety for those along the border. May the issue of drugs be stopped as well...

While we're praying for the issues along the Mexican border, let's also add prayers for the Mexican president Felipe Calderon. May he turn to God for wisdom in dealing with the drug cartels- and may God bless him for his dedication to tackling the war on drugs. May our countries find a way to work together to eliminate the drug lords and may those who have succumbed to the allure of drugs be released from their addictions. May they find themselves addicted to God instead.

And since we're praying this morning for a neighbor country, let's look the other direction and pray towards the north. Let's also pray this morning for the Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper. Our three countries are side-by-side, and while this drug war in Mexico is far to the south, any attempt to eliminate the drug running is a great thing for Canada as well. In just over a week, Canada is going to be hosting summits for world leaders. I am praying for safety for the leaders of the world while they are traveling to and from Canada, and I also pray that God would give Prime Minister Harper wisdom when dealing with these world leaders. May God play a key role in any decisions being made by these world representatives. And may He bless them for their service to their respective countries.

I think that with God's help, our three countries can work together in ways that were never thought possible before. May God give each of these men wisdom, and may He make Himself real in each and every one of their lives.

No comments: