Monday, April 26, 2010

Happy Monday

"Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it." 1 Corinthians 12:27

It is a happy Monday indeed. We are officially moved into our new home, and we are completely in awe of how God worked out all the details. We are just so incredibly blessed, the mere fact that I'm sitting in my new office typing away at this computer is a blessing. If I turn around and look at the rest of my house, it may be littered with the landscape of boxes, but it is home, and it is such a blessing. God did a good job when He dropped us here.

Moving this past weekend was so much work, but at the same time, we saw and felt God's hand in it every step of the way. We had planned to move in two days, but had expected that the first day of moving it would probably just be our family doing the moving. Imagine my delight when a brother in Christ calls us at 8:00 in the morning telling us he was on his way. He worked so hard to help us load up, and most of the way through, my cousin showed up to help as well, so between these two young men and ourselves, we made a HUGE dent in our moving. We were just so blessed by how hard these guys worked! They worked so fast and efficiently that Andy was actually able to take the moving truck and make a second trip with them. And then we had people on this end, helping us unpack, and special friends who blessed our home, and even someone we never met before helped with the unloading! It was phenomenal to see God's hand in helping us get moved.

And then there was Saturday. Saturday was the day we were moving the big and heavy furniture. I was upstairs in our old house washing the windows when a truck I knew pulled up, and then three of our dearest friends hopped out, ready to help haul. I cannot explain how my heart leaped when I saw them arrive! I was so blessed that they showed up to help us! And then two friends from home saw fit to help us move, and it was actually really fitting that of all the friends we'd made in that town, it was these two who helped us move forward to the next place God had for us.

At one point I think there were about eight men helping Andy move furniture into our new home. And then two girlfriends spent the day helping me clean and unpack. To say this move was easy would be an understatement, because everyone who helped just worked with their all! Oh, we are certainly tired and sore from the long weekend, but these friends, these brothers and sisters in the body of Christ went so far above and beyond in helping us out. We had one friend take charge of moving the appliances in, and he went so far as to make sure the washer and dryer were hooked up and ready to go! Another friend personally took the time to assemble all the beds, which may not sound like much, but at the end of the day, we really wanted to crawl into them, and that one act in itself was a huge blessing! One less thing that we had to do at the end of the day!

God's hand was apparent with the dear people who helped us move. I just keep shaking my head when I think about the love that was poured out this weekend. And I mean poured out, these people didn't help us move because they felt like they had to, they didn't help us move out of obligation, they helped us move because they love us, and wanted to make our task that much easier for us.

To say that we are so blessed us such a huge understatement. I am amazed this morning, and I think I am going to be amazed for some time, as I think of all these people who helped us out- our forever family- who were so eager to see us move into our destiny that they gave up a whole day to help, and then some. This house is such a gift from God. As we spend the next few weeks getting unpacked and settled, there is going to be many a prayer lifted for these people who helped us out. These people who understand the idea that we are all part of one body, and when we help each other in love, we're making a huge difference that God Himself is proud of.

No comments: