Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Warfare Wednesday

"Surely you will summon nations you know not,
and nations that do not know you will hasten to you,
because of the LORD your God,
the Holy One of Israel,
for he has endowed you with splendor." Isaiah 55:5

I am continuing in my vigil to pray for President Obama and his family. I have to admit, that it grows wearying sometimes on my spirit to hear so much criticism and so much negativity surrounding this administration. No, I did not vote for him, but by golly, he is president of the most blessed nation in the country, and as the elected leader of our FREE country, he deserves the respect and prayers of its people. So I will continue to pray blessings over him and his family. I do believe my prayers make a difference, and if every person who calls themselves a Christian would choose to pray for this president instead of criticize, I believe we can make a major impact in the way this country functions.

This week it is also on my heart to pray for the Mid-East. I have to believe that we have a God who wants peace, who would love to see peace come to the region of the world that He so loves. Israel is God's chosen country, and those who stand for the nation of Israel, stand for God. It is our job as Christians to pray for peace for that area of the world that is so troubled by extremist beliefs. Right now the big concern in the Middle East is the country of Iran, who seems to be swiftly developing its nuclear arms program. While they deny they are working on it, they continue to refuse inspection from UN representatives. The time to pray is NOW- before they have a fully working program. And not only do we need to pray for a cessation of the nuclear development, but we need to pray for the safety of Iranian citizens. Imagine the awful possibilities of working on nuclear projects undercover- one would surmise that they would do something much like from a movie- meaning not the best of circumstances.

I imagine the people of Iran are fearful right now, as are all the citizens who live in the nations around Iran. I pray for peace for the region- I pray for a peace in the political arena, and a peace to flow through the hearts and lives of everyone who lives in the region. It must be so difficult to live in a country full of turmoil and strife. I pray that the peace of God will reign above all and that a country so bent on domination will instead look to take care of her own people- will see the hurt and will develop peaceful programs and take care of those who need it.

God so wants to see peace in that region, and while I may not be able to do much about it from here at home, at the very least, I can pray about it. I can pray that God will change hardened hearts, and that peace will prevail.

No comments: