Saturday, August 29, 2009

Thinking Beyond The Box

For a Saturday bonus, I thought I'd share a song. I've kind of gotten away from Saturday postings, simply because it's a family day, and I try to focus on that. But this morning I woke up singing a song.

So I looked up the song, and looked up a copy of the lyrics, and I have to tell you, I was simply shocked. Because this song is extremely powerful- it's simply laced with the Spirit and full of meaning. The surprise? It's from a popular Disney movie.

So humor me, give this song a listen- I'm including the imagery, because actually, some of that is really fitting as well. But if the imagery takes away from you, close your eyes and give it a listen.

And here are the lyrics:

Night
And the spirit of life
Calling

Oh, oh, iyo
Mamela [Listen]
Oh, oh, iyo

And a voice
With the fear of a child
Answers

Oh, oh, iyo
Oh, mamela [Listen]
Oh, oh, iyo

Ubukhosi bo khokho [Throne of the ancestors]
We ndodana ye sizwe sonke [Oh, son of the nation)]

Wait
There's no mountain too great
Oh, oh, iyo
Hear these words and have faith
Oh, oh, iyo
Have faith

Hela hey mamela [Hey, listen]

(Chorus:)
He lives in you
He lives in me
He watches over
Everything we see
Into the water
Into the truth
In your reflection
He lives in you

And then I thought of this verse this morning:

"Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works." John 14:10

The same God who dwells in me, dwells in you. When you see your reflection, you see God looking back at you- and we see God in everything around us. God's reflection is everywhere- it's in the water, the trees, and the sky. Think about that as you go about your day. As you walk past random people while you go about your business- do they have the same God dwelling inside them? God sure wants it to be that way. God created each and every one of us to be in His image.

"Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground." Genesis 1:26

How are you going to reflect God's image today? Remember, God speaks to us all the time- sometimes through people, things or the circumstances around us. Sometimes He speaks to us through dreams, or sometimes, even a Disney cartoon. Think about that as you go about your day. What is God saying to you?

No comments: