Monday, August 03, 2009

Amazing God



"His pleasure is not in the strength of the horse,
nor his delight in the legs of a man;

11 the LORD delights in those who fear him,
who put their hope in his unfailing love.

12 Extol the LORD, O Jerusalem;
praise your God, O Zion," Psalm 147:10-12

I have so many blog posts rolling around inside my head! It seems over the last few weeks, I've just been inundated with so many things that God wants to say to me, and it's totally awesome! Yet rather than just spew out little bits of this and that, I'm going to try and just choose one or another something to talk about over the next few weeks (and really, I should get in the habit of writing down some of the blog post topics as a reminder). Today, though, I want to talk about how there really is no one like God. And there is no one who knows me and my family better than God, and how He provides for our every need- and then some.

I posted a few weeks ago how God provides for the fun things some times. It's truly something to be able to sit down at my computer again- just a few weeks later and tell another story about how God provides- it's almost like He's trying to out-do Himself with provision, to show us that He does indeed see every need and want.

We have a conference coming up this weekend at our church. I am soooo looking forward to it, and am expecting God to do some great things- not just for myself and my family, but also for our church family. I pray for that most of all. When we have a conference, we have early mornings as we have to be at church early to prepare for worship, and we have very late nights- we don't leave church normally until around 11:00 or so at night. Living 35 miles away makes conference time really exhausting for us, but especially for our kids. Our kids have been such troopers at the last few conferences, we just love seeing God working in their little hearts. The last time we had a big conference, we decided at the last minute to snag a hotel room, to save us the drive back and forth every day, and it was so wonderful. We were able to sleep well, rest well, and in-between times, we had a pool available for the kids entertainment.

This conference this week just comes at an inopportune time for us, financially. We're preparing to move, and so every dollar is really spoken for and needed elsewhere. Yet, the thought of driving back and forth every day... I really didn't want to do that to the kids. So I did the only thing I know how to do, and that is that I prayed. And I prayed specifically. I prayed on Wednesday and Thursday morning last week that God would provide us with $200 so that we could get a hotel for the conference. Thursday afternoon the kids and I went grocery shopping, and while we were out I talked to the kids a little about the conference, and how Mommy was praying that we'd be able to get a hotel room. I think they added their own quite prayers, because when we got home from shopping, there was a message on the machine for Andy- someone had a tree that needed to come down, and could he help?

And wouldn't you know, Andy was able to go take care of that tree job and come home with exactly $200, so that we could get a hotel room this coming weekend. He offered to do the job for less, even, and the lady insisted on giving him $200 for it. Isn't God amazing! So now while Andy and I have been totally looking forward to this coming conference for spiritual reasons, now the kids are really looking forward to the conference as well- they love staying in a hotel, and especially love the opportunities to take breaks and play in the pool!

I love that God loves my children so much to provide them with this hotel room this weekend. And I love sharing the story, of how God provided a completely frivolous want, just when we wanted it too. See, all we need to do is ask! If our hearts are focused on God, and delighting in God, just as David's was, then God will want to delight in us. And I know He totally delighted in providing that tree job. And I know He also delighted when he saw the joy on my children's faces when I told them we'd be staying in a hotel- and He's certainly going to delight in watching our children exhibit joy this coming weekend.

Thank you God, for your amazing provision.

No comments: