Friday, May 08, 2009

God Answers Prayers!



"Then my soul will rejoice in the LORD and delight in his salvation." Psalm 35:9

"He answered their prayers, because they trusted in him." 1 Chronicles 5:20

There is something truly remarkable about seeing your prayers answered. Especially when it's something that you've really had on your heart to pray about, and you've spent many a time talking to God and interceding on behalf of someone or something. Last night, via someone else's testimony, I heard firsthand that much of the time that I have spent in prayer has not been in vain, and I serve a magnanimous God who cares about the cries of his people, and answers prayer. It's just so awesome and so cool! It's so incredible to look into someone's eyes, and where previously there was doubt and confusion, there is now pure joy, a sparkle that wasn't there before, but that we knew was in there somewhere, just waiting to come out.

God does answer prayer!

"He listens to the godly man who does his will." John 9:31

And while my soul is rejoicing completely for this testimony that I heard last night, there is also a part of me that knows that because my prayers have been answered, that doesn't mean it's time for me to stop praying. In fact, I suspect my prayers just got increased, but as they do, I also know that because God was listening to my prayers the first time around, that he will still be listening as I spend time praying for a dear friend.

"For nothing is impossible with God." Luke 1:37

I fear that my words this morning just aren't doing justice to the rejoicing that is going on in my soul today. And the song I posted today is such an encouragement, it helps remind me every time I hear it, that God ALWAYS wins. And there has been a great victory indeed for the Kingdom of Heaven, and I literally cannot wait to see what God is going to do, because it's going to be remarkable.

No comments: