Thursday, May 28, 2009

Delivered Through A Child

"The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him,
and he delivers them." Psalm 34:7

Yesterday I was doing some blog visiting, and came across the blog Books and Bairns, and a post that just stirred my heart so much. Then I read other things on her blog, and wow, my eyes filled with tears yet again. And I found my heart yearning for what this woman has with her children, and I know, I just know that we are on the right path for that, and I know that God has us on a similar path, and that warms my heart to its fullest.

The post that she wrote that struck me first was titled "Bee Still", and tears filled my eyes as I heard in my mind the voice of the little boy praying for his mom's deliverance. I felt the faith in that car that the whole family had, and my heart just leaped for this boy, and my thought was "Yes! someday that will be my son!" There are just so many reasons for rejoicing in this scenario that was so beautifully painted for us. The whole family can rejoice, knowing that God provided everything. He provided the bee situation to remind the whole family that He is always there for His children, and He will always deliver in times of distress. If you haven't clicked on that link yet, what are you waiting for? I promise you will be blessed.

Then yesterday, Mary Grace blessed me again with a post about loving her children, and being the mom that she didn't always want to be. It made me chuckle, and it also made me tear up a little bit too, as I think about all the criticism she must face each and every day when she is out and about with her brood. And she is reminded daily, as she looks into the faces of her five precious children that she is, in fact, the mom that God wants her to be, and that's what is so incredibly important, and also so incredibly fulfilling. I know I've said it several times as of late, but it's something that I really feel God drilling into me, is that my mission field, my role in life, and my goal is to be the best mom that I can be, and if I start being mom by focusing on God, and spending time with Him, I will receive all the tools I need to be that mom each and every day. If I start with this:

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength." Mark 12:30

Then all the rest of the love I need for my children at all times will just fall into place.

I am so thankful this morning for women like Mary Grace who put these words out there to inspire and boost faith, because that certainly is what she has done for me this week. Be sure to stop by Books and Bairns and check out what she has to say, because she will bless your socks off.

No comments: