Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Warfare Wednesday!

"Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you." Jeremiah 29:12

"Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel," Ephesians 6:19

"And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains." Colossians 4:3

Welcome to Warfare Wednesday! Have you been praying for our president? This week, let's keep him and his family in our prayers, as they have been spending time addressing the nation. They're traveling, talking to people and communities, trying to offer encouragement on our struggling economy. I just cannot imagine how daunting of a task that must be for them. Pray for wisdom for the president and for his assembled leadership, may they guide this country the way it needs to go, and may he present real hope to the people, and not a false hope or a band-aid.

According to The Presidential Prayer Team, we should also be praying for Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Justice Ginsburg had surgery last week for pancreatic cancer. Let's trust in God for a healing of her body and a swift recovery.

In addition to our country's leadership this morning, I want to pray for a rather unique group of people... this week I've really been inspired by the words of fellow bloggers. I read as God used a blogger's story to completely touch another person who had been struggling, and honestly, it was the first time where I saw that indeed, God can and will use this wonderful blogosphere to reach out. There are so many people out there blogging God's Word, and I just really feel led to pray for this unique group of people as a whole. We've become such an internet world, that I have to think that when someone is down and out and struggling, they're going to turn to their computer. I frequently find that I receive blog traffic by people doing google searches on subjects like "trusting in God", "finding faith" and "listening to the Holy Spirit." This is just an area where I really think that God is going to use all these people to affect some change. Think about it! It wasn't that long ago that when someone was having a rough time, they had to find the courage to walk or drive to a local church and seek guidance there. Now they can turn on their computer, do a google search, and in a matter of seconds, they're reading encouragement from God's Word. It's incredible!

So this morning, in addition to praying for our leadership, I want to pray for all the bloggers who are blogging the Bible. May God give them wisdom in their words, and may God lead those who are hurting to the right words that they need. May the words that we put on our blog pages be laced with God's love and the power of the Holy Spirit, and may those who read it feel those very things leaping off the page.

No comments: