Friday, January 23, 2009

Raining Righteousness

"You heavens above, rain down righteousness;
let the clouds shower it down.
Let the earth open wide,
let salvation spring up,
let righteousness grow with it;
I, the LORD, have created it." Isaiah 45:8

Doesn't that sound absolutely wonderful! Simply reading that verse, my heart skips a few beats and I get a bit excited. Imagine what could happen if righteousness started simply raining down! Salvation would spring up like a whole field of seeds, planted and properly warmed and watered. Just think about what it would be like to have righteousness prevail in a world of darkness. Darkness and despair rules here, and salvation is slow to grow. But raining righteousness...I can see a peace and a joy filling the entire state I live in. Think of a place where everyone is smiling, and happy, and full of joy.

God created righteousness, certainly he can rain it down if he chooses. I, for one, am going to pray for that very rain to strike our parched earth. We could certainly use it, and while I am praying for that rain to rain down, I am going to do what I can do prepare for that rain. I'll continue to plant those seeds when the opportunity comes. And I will prepare myself, by spending time in prayer, and spending time in my Bible, so that when people look at me, they can see that there is something different. They can see, just by looking at my eyes that I know something, and have something that they want and want to know.

I serve a Mighty God who can do absolutely anything. And I like to think on it raining righteousness. What a wonderful time it would be to live in a world where God's righteousness ruled and reigned.

"It is I who made the earth
and created mankind upon it.
My own hands stretched out the heavens;
I marshaled their starry hosts. " Isaiah 45:12

No comments: