Tuesday, August 26, 2008

One of Those Days

"because God has said,
"Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence,
"The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6

It's early in the morning, and I am already having one of those days. One of those days where I just seem to find everything wrong with the world. My kids are already unpleasant, I have housework to do that is unpleasant, my allergies are acting up today and making me unpleasant, and my e-mails this morning have been unpleasant. I would honestly love nothing more than to crawl back into bed and start today over. It's days like this where I need to read these verses in Hebrews over and over to myself, and remind myself that not every day is going to be wonderful and full of revelation.

I've been disappointed this morning, I guess. There's no better word for it, and I really don't care to go into details. However. Have you ever made a deal with God? Maybe a deal isn't quite the word I'm looking for. See, I was working on something that I thought God had wanted me to work on. But now I'm confused about it. And at one point, I said to God that if this wasn't where he wanted me to be, then this particular project would go away. And now it has, I guess, and where does that leave me? I guess I'm sitting here expecting to hear that voice in my head, to give me clear direction, and it's not there. :-) It would be too easy if that voice were there I suppose. Just when you think you have things figured out, a loophole comes at you out of nowhere.

*sigh*. All things will work out. I don't want to leave this out here today in such a melancholy fashion, so I will post a few verses that I will be thinking on today, because they lift me up a bit and give me encouragement. Encouragement to take this challenge head on and wait and see what God has next for me.

"great are your purposes and mighty are your deeds. Your eyes are open to all the ways of men; you reward everyone according to his conduct and as his deeds deserve." Jeremiah 32:19

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

"And he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ," Ephesians 1:9

"for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose." Philippians 2:13

No comments: