Saturday, May 17, 2008

Just Imagine

"Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!" Romans 11:33

Just imagine what God knows. :-) Just imagine all the things that he knows. Even just thinking on the small scale, like he knows what I am thinking and he knows what you are thinking, and then add to that that he keeps us all straight, and he even knows the number of hairs on our heads. he knows how many stars are in the sky, and He knows how far the galaxy expands.

He knows everything. And our minds, our human minds have a difficult time fathoming that depth of knowledge. Our God is truly an amazing and wonderful God, and I love the idea that he knows what tomorrow is going to bring! How exciting! He knows exactly what is around the corner for us, and first of all, that can bring someone comfort, when they're going through a difficult time. We can take comfort in knowing that God knows where the end of the trial is. And when there is a time of spiritual prosperity, as Andy and I are experiencing right now, God knows what the next phase will be. And all I can say is that this one is so great, that the anticipation of what lies ahead is just crazy!

God can choose to share that knowledge. Last night I had a real vivid dream about praying for someone I didn't know. It was a situation where I wasn't sure first if I was supposed to pray for that person at all, and then I wasn't sure what to pray or how to pray for that person. And then in my dream I had visions running through my head. I woke up shortly thereafter and I thought to myself that was how it was going to be. That when the time came and I was needed, that I would know what to do. That the Holy Spirit would guide me in what needed to be done, I just need to trust His Voice when it shows itself. Since God knows what I am going to encounter before I encounter it, I can trust in Him and know that he will guide my footsteps along the path I need to follow.

Thank you God for your omniscience that I can put my trust in completely.

No comments: