Monday, May 12, 2008

"He Knows My Name..."

Do you know that song? We sing it at church and it just now popped into my head. This is the part that I have rolling through my head this morning: "He knows my name, he knows my every thought. He sees each tear that falls, and hears me when I call." And the reason that this particular song started rolling through my head is because I looked at the verse of the day today and it was instantly a shot in the arm for me, and exactly what I needed to hear this morning. I love it when God sends me a little boost.

"A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness." Proverbs 31:10,27

I'm a little tired this morning, and I have a to-do list that seems to get longer all the time. It can be a little challenging for me to find motivation when Andy is out of town. And as it's warmed up enough to throw open the windows from time to time, I've been tackling the spring cleaning list a tiny bit at a time. But I still have a lot to do, and I just keep procrastinating and finding reasons to not tackle my to-do list. I have music things for church I need to work on, but then I put that off because I'm putting my housework aside, and...well, the to-do list just keeps growing instead of shrinking.

So this morning, the very first scripture verse that I see is the one that motivates me every time. It's a reminder to me of how so very much I want to be the wife of noble character. Dipping into the luxury of idleness from time to time isn't part of her character. So this morning I feel a renewed sense of purpose, and a desire to cross a few more things off of my ever-lengthening list. And while I may not actually ever reach the end of my list, I can do my best. I can continue moving from one task to the next. While earlier I may have spent time at the computer for awhile, and then I might have done a load of laundry or something, all of the sudden, I feel inspired.

God knew that I needed some help today, and by golly, did he deliver. He does know my name, and he knows exactly what I need in the morning to get my day going in the right direction.

No comments: