Thursday, April 03, 2008

The Power of Prayer

"They were helped in fighting them, and God handed the Hagrites and all their allies over to them, because they cried out to him during the battle. He answered their prayers, because they trusted in him." 1 Chronicles 5:20

We had quite the day yesterday. There was a major accident at Andy's job site yesterday, and amazingly, every single person came away with their life-including Andy. It's kind of...well, something...to crawl into bed with your husband at night and realize just how close you came to not having a husband to crawl into with. I can't tell you how many times last night and yesterday afternoon I thanked God for following through and protecting my husband.

Every morning, Andy puts complete trust in God and prays for safety on the job site. Every morning. And yesterday, Andy saw God's work firsthand. Andy afterwards he also had many an opportunity to share a few words about the power of God. I know for a fact that those words yesterday that he shared did not fall on deaf ears.

" The righteous cry, and the LORD hears
And delivers them out of all their troubles." Psalms 34:17

"The LORD is far from the wicked,
But He hears the prayer of the righteous." Proverbs 15:29

I imagine that for a few days Andy will come across with a few opportunities to share God at work. I pray that those opportunities make themselves known and that God gives Andy the right words to share.

And of course, just two days after mentioning that I should be praying for more than just physical safety, I am oh-so thankful for God's physical protection, and I pray that it continues.

No comments: