Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Loving The Little Ones

"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands." Deuteronomy 7:9

God loves us. Each and every one of us is loved by a faithful God. He loves us, and he wants us to follow his example and love others as He does. We've been doing this series at church on loving people better, and it's been interesting to look at the different facets of relationships through someone else's eyes. This morning though, my focus is on the little ones in my life. This morning my precious daughter is lying upstairs in her bed with a fever. She hates being sick, but even worse, she's missing school, and she loves school. I spent a great deal of time last night praying for her and simply loving her. I don't spend enough time with her these days, it seems.

Yesterday my little niece was discovered to have diabetes. I just started crying when I thought of that little girl having to spend the rest of her life poking her fingers and monitoring her blood sugar. She's just such a delicate little girl in the first place.

And God loves both of these little girls even more than I do! My heart practically bursts when I hold my daughter and wipe her forehead with a cool cloth. To think that God loves her even more... it's difficult to comprehend. But at the same time... I would give my life for my children. In a heartbeat. And Jesus actually did that for us. He did that for us as adults, who certainly don't deserve it.

And I will leave it at that this morning. I'm going to spend a little extra time praying for my girls this morning, and praying that Zander avoids this bug as well.

No comments: