Saturday, February 16, 2008

I've Had Enough Now

I'm still not feeling well. Wednesday this week was my good day, where I felt like I could get a few things done and I felt like I was on the mend. Then Thursday I started feeling poorly again, and I'm still not right. When I'm really under the weather, I get a lot of time to spend praying. That's sort of a good thing though- right? I frequently turn to an older post from the Names of God study, and in particular, Yahweh Rapha, The Lord Who Heals. While it's not the same as being well, it is very encouraging for me to read about God and how he wants us to be healthy. It also makes me think that maybe I'm under the weather for a reason. I always wonder if maybe I'm supposed to embrace the opportunity to spend more time in prayer. I do sometimes, but not all the time.

All this to say that I'm tired of feeling yucky, and I'm ready to be done with it Lord.

"This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah:
"He took up our infirmities
and carried our diseases." Matthew 8:17

You can take it away anytime now.

No comments: