Thursday, February 14, 2008

As Long As It's Love Day...

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." John 13:34-35

I like the last sentence of this verse in particular today. Jesus was talking to the disciples here, but I think it also applies to us as Christians. It says that by loving each other, all men will know that we are Christ's followers. Simply by loving. Not even by doing good works or by praying for others, or by performing miracles. Simply showing love to others will show them that we are different, that we follow a God of love.

There could be worse things to be known for, I think.

This also tells me that there is no better example for others than by showing them love and kindness. By showing love to our neighbors, we are showing them that life with God at the head of our lives is a wonderful, loving thing.

Think about that the next time you're tempted to do something not so kind. For what are we showing when we are not showing love?

No comments: