Thursday, December 27, 2007

Praise The Lord!

"Praise the LORD, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.

2 Praise the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits-

3 who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,

4 who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,

5 who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's." Psalm 103:1-5

As we close out the year of 2007, what else could be more fitting than a few days of praise? It may have been a rough year at times, but God saw us through. He took care of us and provided when we needed provision. He provided things we never even expected, or knew that we wanted. He also taught us a few lessons, and I can only pray that we will hold those lessons close to our hearts so that we do not forget. And we can praise him for the year ahead! The turning of the calendar provides us for an opportunity for a new beginning. That is a wonderful gift each and every year. We get a fresh opportunity to start over and try something new. We get to set new goals and discover new talents and ideas.

I have a few ideas about the year ahead. First, I would like to get a few more team members in here so we can have a posting every single day of the week. If you're interested, please let me know. I also want to try and get a handful of different studies to follow- but assign them to days of the week. I loved doing the Proverbs 31 study,and I may go back and do it again. Only instead of 31 days in a row, I would assign it to Monday only. And then Tuesday we'd look at Genesis some more, and then on Friday I would share a praise of the week. Some more structure here I think would be helpful, and would also help me with continuity on the days I'm not sure what to share. One thing is certain though, this will continue to be a place of encouragement for those who need it. I can only pray that God will continue to use this blog to help others, and that he will guide me in the direction it needs to go.

Thanks for hanging out with me this year. I look forward to the year ahead!

No comments: