Monday, November 12, 2007

Continuing to Have Hope

"So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. 36You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised." Hebrews 10:35-36

"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.

23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

24 I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."

25 The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him;" Lamentations 3:22-25

Today's verses remind me that I can be confident in my faith in God. I can be assured that my faith is not ill-placed and that just as I remain faithful to my God, he will continue in His Faithfulness to me and my family. Look at that very first verse I posted! "Do not throw away your confidence, it will be richly rewarded." Sometimes I think I get worried that my confidence is a false confidence. Or that it's actually pride sneaking out in the form of confidence in God. When we're chatting with others and we're discussing our current trials and I mention that the current trial is temporary. That I know that God has more for us, we just need to get to the other side of this mountain. Is that always confidence on God? Or is that just me being optimistic and putting on a show for others? I say it, all the time, I even repeat it to myself sometimes, because there are those days where I need encouragement.

And then there's the verse in Lamentations that just warms my heart. "For his compassions never fail. They are new every morning." I love that. Every day, every morning is a fresh new start for us. And every day is yet another opportunity for God's Love to shine on us and through us. Because of God's Love for us, I know that the trials we face from day to day are just that- trials, and not something to be contended with forever. I know that it's only a matter of time until all things are right again, and each day is another wonderful opportunity for that moment to come along. So verse 24 is very appropo for me " I will wait for him." Because that's what I am doing. Waiting for God to see everything right and where it should be. Because I know that's what he has planned, I just don't know his timing. I don't know at what moment he will choose to make his plan known and provide the means. But I do know that he will.

"This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil." Hebrews 6:19

"I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
And in His word I do hope.
6 My soul waits for the Lord
More than those who watch for the morning—
Yes, more than those who watch for the morning. " Psalm 130:5-6

"The LORD is righteous in her midst,
He will do no unrighteousness.
Every morning He brings His justice to light;
He never fails, " Zephaniah 3:5

No comments: