Wednesday, August 15, 2007

We Belong...

"If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord." Romans 14:8

This reminds me of that movie that I've talked about before, Facing The Giants. it's been a while since we've seen it, but there is a line from it that is very similar. "If we win, we give God the glory. If we lose, we give God the glory." Either way, God wins. And really, sometimes I think that life could be summed up just that simply. You know, we can argue things back and forth and discuss the hidden meanings of scriptures and whether or not we are following the Bible correctly. I think amongst different churches we see a lot of "well, we worship this way" but it all comes down to one thing. God wins. In the end, at the end of time, when all is said and done, God wins. He will defeat the devil and eternity will be wonderful with God in heaven.

Even Satan knows this! He knows that he loses in the end, but by golly, he's going to try and take as many of us with him as he can. Misery loves company, and he will use whatever tool he can get his hands on to get us to join him in eternal torment. I choose God. I choose to be on the winning side, and while I live, I can do my best to live for God so that when I die, I get to die to God. It doesn't matter how I worship, or even where I worship, so long as I do it with my whole heart and for the glory of God.

No comments: